Cascade offers unlimited manager consultation from a specialized team of EAP professionals, experienced in management consultation and referral.
Managers may access immediate and confidential telephone consultation by calling 1-800-433-2320 (between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm PST)
We provide expert consultation and help when an employee's personal problems begin to negatively impact the workplace.
Cascade EAP serves as a consultant, assisting you to stay focused on performance issues. At the same time, the EAP can work with the employee to overcome obstacles that may be impeding their job performance.
Some common questions managers have brought to the EAP:
• An employee has been having performance problems and I have tried everything, what do I do now?
• An employee has shared information with me about a personal problem. How can I stay out of their personal life and still be helpful?
• How do I respond to the employee who blames poor job performance on personal problems?
• My employee demonstrates performance problems and acknowledges there is a personal problem, but claims it is only temporary, and prefers to take care of it alone. Should I involve the EAP?
• The employee claims there is ”no problem” and responds in an angry manner. How do I respond to their anger or intimidating behavior?
The EAP can provide assistance in:
Identifying early warning signs and approaching troubled
Observing, monitoring, and documenting employee problem
Referring employees to the EAP
There are many causes of poor job performance. If a personal
problem is the cause of job performance problems, professional help may be necessary. Let the EAP professionals make that assessment.
There are two ways a supervisor can direct an employee to the EAP:
Informal Referral. A supervisor may recommend or encourage
the employee to contact the EAP for support and guidance. This
referral may be made if the employee expresses a need for assistance or is having job performance problems.
Management Referral. This is a formal referral. It is usually part
of a disciplinary process. The supervisor receives information from
the EAP regarding the employee's participation and assessment
recommendations that are made. It is important that you coordinate this with your Human Resources or Personnel Office and the EAP before you initiate the referral.
How do I access the EAP?
Managers may access immediate and confidential telephone consultation by calling 1–800–433–2320 (between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm PST). Just request to speak to a counselor for a management consultation. You will be immediately connected. It is that easy.
If you have an emergency that comes up after hours you can access someone from our team 24 hours a day.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your staff, their performance and how the EAP can make your job easier.
Cascade Employee Assistance Program
8:00am to 5:00pm PST